Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I got run over by a deer, a regular one, not a reindeer.

Yeah. I guess there is a first time for everything and this was the first time wildlife tried to run me off the road. It was very early this morning and out of nowhere a doe, a deer -- a female deer, ran into the driver's side of the front of my car.

See the clump of fur?

She must have been cutting through people's backyards. The person in the opposite lane managed to stop in time but even though I hit my brakes she rammed right into me. Then she bounced off back into the other lane. I am thankful that the guy behind me was able to stop before hitting me too. I vaguely recall hearing his tires screeching. I had to move forward a-ways to have room to pull over and gather myself and check out the damage. I feel nauseous every time I think about the poor deer. When I was able to drive back by "the scene" she was nowhere to be found so either someone absconded with the body or she was able to get herself off the road.

Once a squirrel tried to end it all under my tires and I felt bad enough about that. But that was nothing compared to this. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I hear it helps to talk it out.












No comments:

Post a Comment